Review of “The Wedding Veil” by Kristy Woodson Harvey

I have read only one of her books before this one and it had several curse words but no explicit sexual material that I could remember. However, I do not remember which curse words it included. Even though I usually read Christian fiction or clean fiction, I decided to give this author one more try because this book had my favorite North Carolina attraction in it which is Biltmore Estate. This novel is a split time novel which is set during the time of the Vanderbilts and also present day. I was disappointed but not surprised that this book also had curse words in it. Because I could not remember if there was any sexual material in her previous book I read and any sexual innuendos, I was not sure what to expect of that in this one. I was hoping that there would not be any but there was some which though were more than I would have liked they at least were short. This book was from the point of view of three women and some a little disjointed at times even though two of the women were related. I personally do not want to read anymore books by this author due to the curse words and slight sexual material. I would have enjoyed it much better and passed it on to someone else if those things had not been included. I also do not think the story would have suffered without them; in fact, I feel the story would have been much better if they had been left out.