Review of “Breathe Again” by Niki Hardy

I am always excited to read a book by a North Carolina author.  When I first signed up to receive a free copy of this book in order to review it, I did not know that Niki Hardy was a North Carolina author or that she is a part of a ministry that I really like called Proverbs 31 Ministries.  However, I was excited to read this book because even though I am not currently going through a hard time I know that I am not immune to hard times.  I figured that I could always learn something from this book that would help me when those hard times happen.  One of the things that this book provides that I am excited about is called “The Thriver Manifesto”.  The author starts this at the beginning of the book at the end of the first chapter and then builds on it at the end of the rest of the chapters.  She also nicely makes it available to freely download along with some other resources to help you “breathe again” when you are going through struggles.  Another thing that I love about this book is how honest the author is about her situations in life that were so hard for her.  She does not sugar coat them or downplay them to make it seem like she had it all under control.  Finally, I really like that she writes it like she is writing a letter to a friend instead of some stranger she will probably never meet.  I can honestly say that I would recommend this book to anyone who is going through difficult times and even someone who currently isn’t but that one day will because we all will go through hard times in life.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in order to give an honest review.