Review of “Christmas Ever After” by Karen Schaler

I have read both of Karen’s other Christmas books and loved them so I was so excited about this one. Before I get into how good the story was, I do have to say that I was amazed at the number of errors in wording and punctuation in this book. I am really glad that this story was beyond good because that was the reason I was able to overlook the errors. It did however slow me down a little when words were accidentally left out or the wrong word was used. Anyway now that we have that little tidbit out of the way, I can tell that if you like Hallmark style movies then this is the book for you. It has all the elements it needs to be turned into a Hallmark Christmas movie. When you first meet Riley who is the main female character, she comes off a little rough around the edges but once you know her back story it makes complete sense why she is a little tough on the outside. Luke, the main male character, on the other hand is all gentleman. He is definitely one of those guys you can see as the hero of a story. Also if you have read Karen’s previous novels then you’ll remember the whole Christmas camp idea. I have to say every time I read about Christmas camp, it makes me want to go to one. With all that being said, I just want to make sure I reiterate that in spite of the errors I would still totally recommend this book to anyone but especially those who love good Christmas books.