Review of “Cast the First Stone” by David James Warren

This is the first book in the “True Lies of Rembrandt Stone” series. It is written by three authors, Susan May Warren, James L. Rubart, and David C. Warren, under the pseudonym of David James Warren. I have read all of James L. Rubart’s books and a good portion of Susan May Warren’s books. This is a debut for David C. Warren who is the son of Susan May Warren. This book has it all between cold cases, romance, and time travel. I believe it will appeal to a wide variety of readers. This book is so good that it drew me in not from the first page but from the very first paragraph of the book. This is definitely a series that you are going to want to read from the beginning. I like that they made Rembrandt Stone, who is the main character, an author that writes books based on what he knows about being a police detective. However, this is just an interesting side story. By the end of this book, you are definitely left wanting more which is why it is so good that they have all six books scheduled to come out in 2021.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.