Review of “When Twilight Breaks” by Sarah Sundin

This is the second novel I have read by Sarah Sundin and both have been based during World War II as are all her books based on the books listed on her website. “When Twilight Breaks” is a stand-alone novel so you do not have to have read one of her other books first. Like a lot of World War II and historical fiction books for me, this one is not as fast of a read. Part of the reason this is a slower read for me is that the author uses some German in the book which slows me down. With that being said, I am not saying that I did not like the book because I definitely enjoyed reading this novel. The author did a great job with such heavy topics as the treatment of Jews during this time. She does not downplay the horrible parts of this time in Germany at all. I found myself frustrated along with the main female character, Evelyn Brand, because she was trying to show the truth in her articles but her boss kept changing them on her before they were printed in the newspaper. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in order to give an honest review.