Review of “From Rome with Love” by Kate Lloyd

This is the second book I have read by Kate Lloyd. I was so excited to confirm that this book is set at Christmas time. And also the cover really drew me in. Unlike Kate Lloyd’s many other books that are Amish in nature (based on what I see on Amazon), I would not consider this a Christian fiction novel. However, I was happy that it did not have foul language or explicit scenes included in the book. Lucy Goff goes to Rome with the Williams family in order to babysit their daughter, Tabatha. They are not aware of Lucy’s past struggles with addiction that were brought on by a prescription to painkillers for an injury when she was a teenager. This is mentioned throughout the book. Tabatha’s parents also failed to fully tell Lucy everything about their daughter. Then throw in an Italian male that Lucy meets on the plane to Rome, a boyfriend that randomly decides to show up to see her, and Tabatha’s parents all but disappearing to end up with one big puzzle. I did enjoy the mystery behind different parts of this story that I previously described. This is definitely not your typical contemporary romance.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in order to give an honest review.