Review of “Still” by Jenny L. Donnelly

This is my first book I’ve read by Jenny L. Donnelly. I’ve not read the other book she has written. The subject of this book is the main reason I was so excited to read it. I feel like I constantly deal with fear and anxiety. From the very first chapter, Jenny had me captivated. I absolutely love her comparing fear and anxiety and their root to a tree. I’ve never thought much about the fact that if you ask yourself “What will make me feel better?” instead of “What is causing this?” (Page 21) then you’re only getting to a temporary solution to the problem or a branch and not to the cause for the problem or the root. I also really appreciated that she points out that she realized she was wrong when she originally thought that people dealing with these issues were of weak mind or faith. (Page 20-21). The author realized this because she herself started feeling fear and anxiety. The author divides the book into three sections: 1. The Search for Rest, 2. Seven Ways to Rest and 3. Rest is a Position. If you also deal with fear and anxiety, then this book will help you.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in order to give an honest review.