Review of “A Lady in Attendance” by Rachel Fordham

I have read all three previous books by Rachel Fordham and I have enjoyed all of them so I had high hopes for this one.  This book centers around Gilbert and Hazel.  After Hazel gets out of reformatory or the prison as it is called today, she becomes what used to be known as a lady of attendance but today would be referred to as a dental assistant to Gilbert.  In order to be able to get the job and not have her past keep her from it, she gives him a false last name.  Gilbert is on the very shy side and comes across as all business but could he possibly have more to him than meets the eye.  Rachel Fordham definitely does a good job of bringing the intrigue into this at first solely professional relationship.  And even though this book is considered a historical romance, she still has some mystery weaved into it.  I was not at all disappointed in this book.  It was just as good as her others.  Have to also mention that even though she is not a main character, I found Ina to be so endearing and I just wanted things to work out for her so much.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in order to give an honest review.