Review of “Until Leaves Fall in Paris” by Sarah Sundin

I have read two other World War II books by Sarah Sundin which I enjoyed and is why I wanted to read this book. This novel is also set during World War II. The main characters in this story are Lucie Girard and Paul Aubrey. Sarah Sundin does an amazing job of drawing you into these characters’ lives. She also gives you reasons as the reader to feel empathetic toward them and their situations. I also felt so much empathy for the French citizens who do not want the Germans in Paris taking over everything. My favorite character in this novel was the four year old daughter of Paul Aubrey. Her name is Josie. Because I have a daughter about the same age, I found my heart hurting for this little girl that was unfortunately being snubbed because of her dad and cheering for her when Lucie helped her make friends. My favorite quote in the book comes from the lesson that Lucie derives from Josie’s story. It is on page 106. Lucie tells the children “‘Remember sometimes we have to lose what we most love before we can find what we most need.’” Overall, I would definitely recommend this book.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in order to give an honest review.