Review of “Targeted” by Lynette Eason, Lynn H. Blackburn, and Natalie Walters

Targeted consists of three novellas which are not connected in anyway but the fact that they are suspense. I love all three of these authors so when I saw them all in the same book I was excited. Since there are three different stories in this book, I am going to review each one separately.

On the Run by Lynette Eason is the first novella in this novel. The suspense starts from the first page in this novella which I appreciate since novellas are short. I am also excited that at least a small portion of this story takes place in North Carolina. There is definitely a puzzle to figure out with this plot. This one read quickly and had short chapters.

Deadly Objective by Lynn H. Blackburn is the second novella in this book. Unlike the first novella, this one builds to the suspense which starts with the last sentence of the first chapter. It also has short chapters which is typical of novellas. I enjoyed the romance between Emily and Liam. They have a way of introducing humor to lighten an intense situation. I also think that Mason, the son of the Vice President, added his own humor to the story to break up some of the suspense.

Caught in the Crosshairs by Natalie Walters is the third and final novella. The suspense in this one was pretty much between the first and second novella in that it didn’t start on page one but it started well before the end of chapter one. Even though this novella also has short chapters, they seem longer to me. I think it is because so much happens in each one. Ari and Claudia play off each other well in this book and seem to have a love-hate relationship.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this collection of novellas. It has something that will appeal to anyone who likes suspense or mystery with some romance mixed in.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher.