Review of “Sunrise” by Susan May Warren

I am a big fan of Susan May Warren’s books so I was excited to read this one. The main characters are Dodge Kingston and Echo Yazzie; however, Susan May Warren has done an awesome job of including some amazing secondary characters. This novel is a good mix between mystery and romance. Though the chapters are a little longer than I would like making it seem to read a little slow, the story being so good made up for it. The plot to me focuses around several good lessons that everyone could use reminding on. One lesson is to not hold onto anger for too long. Another lesson revolves around forgiveness. I also feel like there is a lesson in the importance of communication within the plot of this novel. I believe that Dodge and Echo as well as Dodge and his father are where you will find this lesson of communication. On a somewhat random note, one of my favorite things about this book was realizing where Dodge and his brothers’ names came from. With all of that said, I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a read in order to relax for awhile.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in order to give an honest review.